View Single Post
Old 13-12-2020, 03:25 PM #4654
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989). Continuing my eldest's 80's/90's movie education, we watched this on Saturday night. It's still great TBH and I think highlighted, for me, one of the major issues with the new Bill & Ted film. The protagonists in the new one are "dumb & dumber" style dumb, whereas in the original you sort of get the impression that they are NOT dumb at all underneath the "teenage metalhead" exterior, it's all a lot more "knowingly dumb" and thus cleverer. I really enjoyed the rewatch. A classic. Napoleon at "Waterloo" (and at the icecream place getting his Piggy badge pinned alongside his military medals ) and Billy The Kid + Socrates' bromance are highlights .

I've not seen it since I was a teenager and I think I got a lot more out of it as an adult, actually (because you actually understand the historical references).

Easy 8/10

Any good ol' suggestions that I can make her watch? We've done Ghostbusters, the Jurassic Park series, Edward Scissor Hands and Beetlejuice etc. and probably others I'm not remembering but those are examples of "the sort of thing" I'm getting her to watch
The Princess Bride
The Outsiders
Point Break
Dead Poets Society
Awakenings
Groundhog Day
My Cousin Vinny
Crimes and Misdemeanors
Miller's Crossing
Rain Man
Father of the Bride
Cable Guy
Wayne's World
My Left Foot
Drop dead Fred
Adventures in Babysitting
The Catholic boys (also known as "Heaven help us")

Last edited by Alf; 13-12-2020 at 03:29 PM.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote