Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Soul

I thought it was okay, it was charming enough but I thought it was rooted far too much in typical Pixar tropes that undersold and underpackaged the rather brilliant concept. If you've watched a few Pixar films in the past then you'll know what to expect. An unlikely partnership, a race against time, a musical montage meant to make you cry, etc.

It's still a good film in it's own right but Pixar is showing some fatal flaws at this point. They have these great concepts and they keep reducing them to the same story formats and it's lazy, it's soulless (hahahaha), and worse of all, between this and Onward, it's getting kind of boring.

Since the film itself is fine, I'll give it a 6/10 but I'm starting to really lose patience with Pixar now.
I haven't watched Soul or Onward yet in their defence, but I do miss the fun adventures of Movies like Cars, The Incredibles, and Monster's Inc, or the really creative Wall-E.

Now it all feels grounded in normal reality based Emo Drama that even the CW would reject imo.

I'm a sick bitch.
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote