Favourites:
UBB: Brian

Lee.

Favourites:
UBB: Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
West Midlands is in Tier 4 as well.

I've had enough of these half measures. The virus is out of control and the tiers are not working. Close the school, and take another look at what is considered an essential shop because places like Home Bargains, Wilko and B&M have thrived during the first lockdown because everyone was out in force buying non-essentials from them.

Shops that remain open should block off non-essentials. The places I mentioned above should remain open only for medics, cleaning supplies, pet supplies, food, clothing, kitchen essentials (rope off the non-essential kitchen stuff), Essential DIY stuff (Paint and wallpaper is not essential) and personal hygiene products etc. Gardening, toy sections, home living sections, potentially stationary sections beyond the bare essentials and such should be roped off entirely. People will keep going out to buy cushions and throws they don't need just for the sake of it if they are offered in these places.

I think they also need to do what Spain did originally and limit the time shops are open. Have them on a rota system, essentially, have some shops open some days, and then close them so other shops can open etc.
I agree with all of this. A strict lockdown is needed, no half assed measures.
After lockdown 1, Fife where I stay had zero new cases for days, maybe even weeks then gradually started to creep up again once restrictions were eased and that daft Eat out to Help Out.
I feel we came out of lockdown too early, and a large number of people treated it as a return to normality/a free for all.
Can’t believe some of those shops are deemed “essential” either.