View Single Post
Old 30-12-2020, 08:29 PM #68
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I'll be surprised if things ever go back to the way they were. Hopefully people will adopt the hygienic practices they've picked up during this ordeal and carry them on. I wouldn't mind it if the idea of wearing masks when you're sick becomes commonplace either. Places like Japan, despite being close to the epicentre that was China, managed to recover quickly because the use of masks when sick is considered commonplace courtesy.

With a bit of luck, people will not forget this pandemic so quickly because basic hygiene and common sense is how you help curb a situation like this from happening again.
There's more than just the masks in Japan really... Just generally better hygiene standards e.g. People would simply not accept the conditions in more than half of the UK's toilets in bars and restaurants etc, never kind public toilets. There's also loads of etiquette things like taking your shoes off when you go into someone's home. There are many who consider that polite here but over there it's basically often considered unimaginably rude NOT to. They bow rather than shaking hands when doing business. And I assume all of that is rooted in a general culture of good hygiene rather than coincidence.

But yeah I think these sare things that people world wide will be more aware of in future. Personal space, who they touch and when, generally keeping things cleaner etc.

When it comes to the cleanliness of public spaces, really that's simply down to demand. If people stop accepting grubby facilities and vote with their feet, businesses will improve standards VERY quickly.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote