Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2019: Karim Zeroual
BB18: Isabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
The knock-on effects, on the economy, on mental health, on things like tourism and international travel as well as how businesses operate in general will be even bigger in scope and will likely never fully revert.

Not all necessarily in bad ways I suppose; e.g. there has been a massive shift to doing business digitally out of necessity that I think will persist to an extent simply because it saves so much money, but also, people travelling less for business (especially international business) and opting to do business via video link etc. is a huge win for the environment. People will still travel, but any reduction in road & air travel is a bonus.
I like what you've said here. If world leaders take stock and make the right decisions, the world can adjust and change for the better. New 'industries' will emerge and different jobs will be created.

This could be a massive opportunity for the human race to repair some of the damage we have caused to our environment. But the focus needs to change from returning to 'normality' to creating a new and better way of living.

The question is whether that opportunity are taken. I'd like to have trust that the human race will learn from this.....
Garfie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote