As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody

Ended another year by watching a TAR season! First venture into TAR Australia and this season was fine! I thought it had a pretty strong start and a decent, but the middle legs were a bit of a slog. I also liked some of the leg designs, but some of them were just really bad and not even in a fun way. Boring and predictable winners but they didn't really take away from anything so all in all I think it was a fine season! Probably would give it a light green or so. Can't wait until TARAU2 though

1. Sam/Renae - I'm enraged that Sam got no confessionals in Ausvivor because she and Renae were super rootable and engaging and a lot of fun? I don't know, I was just a sucker for two models proving that they can hang with the guys and their ~Last Girls Standing~ era in the endgame. They didn't really provide a lot of standalone moments but I just think they're super charismatic and FUN and I dug their energy. They know how to be good and engaging TV personalities and they really were the heart and soul of the second half of the season.
2. Richard/Joey - these psychos <33333 they were just soooooo grating to everyone around them with their FOCUS, BELIEVE, ACHIEVE mantras and ~105~ and their hilariously transparent attempts at strategy and playing the game. Joey desperately begging everyone for help at the coin Roadblock, striking a deal with Mel to let her get to the Pit Stop ahead of her, and then completing renegging the deal minutes later was a work of art, as was Richard and Joey shaving their heads for a Fast Forward only to get eliminated the very next leg because basically the entire cast wanted to U-Turn them they definitely provided me with the most laughs this season.
3. Dave/Kelly - alol I don't really know why I like them so much but they were one of my initial favorite teams! They had a cute alliance with Sam/Renae and they had some funny confessionals and moments where I enjoyed them, like when Kelly completed rejected Joey's request to help her in the coin Roadblock Leg 2. I also love how they raced with absolutely no sense of urgency towards the end? They would just take like more than an hour to stop and get directions and randomly stopped to get coffee in their boot leg and Grant had to come and eliminate them I think in a McDonald's parking lot?
4. Matt/Tom - the cowboy hats made me suuuuuper wary but these two are actually good and fun! They had no clue what they were diong because they hadn't even been to places like Melbourne let alone the world, but they adapted well and became super strong racers and were just fun? Their OTTN leg in Europe (I think Prague) was hilarious, where they got pulled over by cops twice, had to push their car basically the entire leg, and pissed off a bunch of teams by trying to give them good advice but inadvertently lying to them? Them telling Sam and Renae to not take a picture of the guy with a flag was hilarious, because they had no clue that they had simply taken a picture of the wrong flag so Sam and Reane thought they were liars and were ready to kill them They kinda flattened out towards the end so I didn't mind that they didn't make it to the final leg though!
5. Mo/Mos - I didn't think I was going to like them but they're actually good? Complete race fodder who miraculously survived five legs but they were very self-aware and knew that they had no chance in hell of doing well. They were just a lot of fun and provided a lot of funny moments and had an actually funny self-deprecating sense of humor.
6. Anne-Marie/Tracy - they were cute! But obvious fodder alol like honestly making it three legs was a miracle, and even so they were so ****ing stupid for taking a penalty after Mo and Mos already did. But they were a bit of fun and they were like some budget Gutsy Grannies.
7. Chris/Anastasia - I feel like this is going to be seen as criminally low BUT honestly they're lucky to be in green for a while. I did *NOT* like them at first. I think Chris is a huge asshole and he said more than a few too many sexist comments for my liking. He treated Anastasia terribly at times and it reminded me of Jonathan and Victoria. That being said, I liked them a lot more when they started to learn how to work together and realized that they actually are capable of getting through legs without fighting or screaming at each other. And they even won a leg in the process! Their elimination was bull**** with the stupid wood-cutting Intersection and I at least appreciated Chris being really good with Anastasia. They also got into green because Anastasia was actually great and I loooooved whenever Chris would disrespect her and she would just stop whatever she was doing and REFUSE to help him until he apologized. Petty queen

8. Alana/Mel - so i feel like this is ~low~ compared to what other people may think BUT I actually had them as #10 for a while so this is generous. I don't really like Mel at all. I know I shouldn't factor this in, but the Royal DJ prank is just really ****ty and it's tough to separate her from that. But even regardless of that I don't think I would like her anyway? Her whole shtick was how she ran away from home and NEVER had a good relationship with her sister Alana, and she loves her because she's her sister but she doesn't like her because she just does NOT get along with nerds. It was just way too try-hard and something I would expect from, like, Corinne Kaplan. She was mean to Alana and not in a fun way BUT I did come to enjoy their last two legs where Alana finally started to prove herself to Mel and gain her respect. It was a nice ending for a team that I don't care for whatsoever.
9. Jeff/Luke - eh they were fine. I can see why they were put on the show because their strained father/son relationship is interesting but they kinda got over it super quickly and it didn't matter at all. They were all about racing with honor and integrity and I'm shocked MATESHIP didn't come up at all. They did have some funny moments though, like Jeff being completely awful at the Hebrew Roadblock and forcing Nathan to begrudgingly help him.
10. Tyler/Nathan - perfectly fine humans but the concept of them is more annoying than anything. Two straight dudes who are randomly competent at just about all aspects of the race and are super lucky along the way too. Yawn. Nothing actually offensive though so I'm fine with them.
11. Ryot/Liberty - I had no clue that Rebel Wilson's siblings were the first season's stunt casting but alol at them being first boots. They were vaguely annoying at times, vaguely likable at other times, and overall I did not care one bit about them!