View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 02:36 PM #16
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan. View Post
Yeah I think it was just last week she said she wasn’t ready to pass on the shoes just yet haha

As much as I love her, and she’s probably in my top 3 NuWho doctors, it wouldn’t feel right if she was the first to break the 3-stint tradition.
I read that interview but... the season due to air this year has already been filmed and is ready to go. And that will be her 3rd stint, so I think it's likely that this will be her last full series? She said "not quite yet" but to me that suggests she will do next year's Christmas/New Year special (whichever they go with this time) and that will be her swansong.

TBH I actually think they should make it as much of "a thing" at they can... hire a new person on a 3-season contract with it being understood that it's likely to be a fixed term. Makes it more attractive as a role, as well. All of the NuWho actors have expressed loving the role but mention that it monopolises their work availability and they tend to be the sort of actors who are keen to move on to other projects. It's what keeps the role compelling and the performances fresh.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote