View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 02:41 PM #17
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
While she's clearly been let down by the material, she wasn't able to elevate it the same way Peter Capaldi could. It'd have been interesting to see her under a different showrunner, but I guess we're getting second best, which is a different Doctor under Chibbers...

funny if Kris Marshall really did become the Doctor this time It'd be cool if John Bishop is a "stealth cast", be it through Chameleon Arc or something.
I actually enjoyed it when I got round to watching it. I hate the "special child origin of the timelords" storyline and I'm REALLY, REALLY hoping it turns out to be some sort of Master-based-deception. It ruins the doctor's backstory (the mischievous child who ran away to see the stars) somewhat. But anyway... I enjoyed a lot of it as standalone material. She did fade into the background a little too often - I honestly think in large part due to the error of having an ensemble cast - however she had several "solo moments" where she did convincingly shine as the battle-hardened Doctor we've known since the middle of Smith's run. Especially in the second run, and it's a shame we didn't get more of them.

Maybe we will in her 3rd stint as it's thankfully back to Doctor +1 in the TARDIS.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote