Strictly 2020: Clara Amfo
BBUSA22: Da'Vonne

27/01/2020

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Clara Amfo
BBUSA22: Da'Vonne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I read that interview but... the season due to air this year has already been filmed and is ready to go. And that will be her 3rd stint, so I think it's likely that this will be her last full series? She said "not quite yet" but to me that suggests she will do next year's Christmas/New Year special (whichever they go with this time) and that will be her swansong.

TBH I actually think they should make it as much of "a thing" at they can... hire a new person on a 3-season contract with it being understood that it's likely to be a fixed term. Makes it more attractive as a role, as well. All of the NuWho actors have expressed loving the role but mention that it monopolises their work availability and they tend to be the sort of actors who are keen to move on to other projects. It's what keeps the role compelling and the performances fresh.
Yeah I fully get what you’re saying. Although I saw another interview with Jodie this week where she has said she’s struggling to consider her career after doctor who, it takes up so much of her life and she loves playing it so much that she’s finding it hard to imagine what role, if any, she would want to move on next.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a ‘please consider stepping down to respect the fans and the tradition’ word of advice from the producers rather than her sitting and thinking ‘yup I’m ready to go’.