View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 01:25 PM #66
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novo View Post
2 footballers players get together to talk about giving more and that solves it? lol, doesn't really wash with me tbf, football fans pay these guys wages ffs they are the ones keeping them in the job year in and year out without the fans the clubs don't exist and the fans are the ones who are suffering the most right now so i can't give a **** about them being all talk and no action whilst being paid 150,000 a week, any rule breaks from them (and lets be fair its happened to much with them) and they should be forced to give up wages to donate, they have the luxury to do that whilst still be able to live the dream
No, that's not what I said. Firstly, it shouldn't ever be the responsibility of footballers or any other sports stars to feed our kids. Jacob Rees-Mogg has his company based in a tax haven so he doesn't have to pay taxes here (which feed our kids), and he's part of government. Crack down on tax avoiders, increase tax rates on the uber wealthy and we'll suddenly be in a lot better position. I agree there needs to be some kind of Kyle Walker rule that puts fines into some kind of pandemic pot, but that's nowhere near enough.

Bankers who caused the 2008 financial crisis were never asked to pay for it, instead we're still dealing with the austerity that followed, and yet footballers are supposed to pay for a pandemic?

They did a bit more than talk about it

https://talksport.com/football/69276...uire-nhs-fund/

Premier League stars including Jordan Henderson, Harry Kane and Harry Maguire announce launch of fund to raise millions for NHS during coronavirus pandemic

Last edited by The Slim Reaper; 12-01-2021 at 01:28 PM.
The Slim Reaper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote