Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
BB14: Dexter

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
BB14: Dexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slim Reaper View Post
No, that's not what I said. Firstly, it shouldn't ever be the responsibility of footballers or any other sports stars to feed our kids. Jacob Rees-Mogg has his company based in a tax haven so he doesn't have to pay taxes here (which feed our kids), and he's part of government. Crack down on tax avoiders, increase tax rates on the uber wealthy and we'll suddenly be in a lot better position. I agree there needs to be some kind of Kyle Walker rule that puts fines into some kind of pandemic pot, but that's nowhere near enough.

Bankers who caused the 2008 financial crisis were never asked to pay for it, instead we're still dealing with the austerity that followed, and yet footballers are supposed to pay for a pandemic?

They did a bit more than talk about it

https://talksport.com/football/69276...uire-nhs-fund/

Premier League stars including Jordan Henderson, Harry Kane and Harry Maguire announce launch of fund to raise millions for NHS during coronavirus pandemic

i never said it should be their responsibility if you read my first post i said the government aren't doing anywhere near enough, however the fans pay the wages of footballlers they keep the clubs ticking so the footballers have a duty to respect the fans and not take the piss and abide by the rules that dear old karen does from #4, they are living the dream and getting paid to do it whilst grasssroots football is called off and people who don't get paid but love playing are suffering, i dunno i'm just really disillusioned with them at the minute maybe i'm being to harsh but i really think they are lucky right now to still be out there, i actually agree 100% with what mark warburton said on the matter

and the same harry maquire who should be in prison for assault? any normal person would be right now for assault but because he is who he is he got let off with a suspended sentence, thats exactly what i mean by the luxuries they have

"She was left for dead on the sands of Tatooine, as was I. But fate sometimes steps in to rescue the wretched."

Last edited by Novo; 12-01-2021 at 01:49 PM.
Novo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote