View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 02:01 PM #74
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novo View Post
i never said it should be their responsibility if you read my first post i said the government aren't doing anywhere near enough, however the fans pay the wages of footballlers they keep the clubs ticking so the footballers have a duty to respect the fans and not take the piss and abide by the rules that dear old karen does from #4, they are living the dream and getting paid to do it whilst grasssroots football is called off and people who don't get paid but love playing are suffering, i dunno i'm just really disillusioned with them at the minute maybe i'm being to harsh but i really think they are lucky right now to still be out there, i actually agree 100% with what mark warburton said on the matter

and the same harry maquire who should be in prison for assault? any normal person would be right now for assault but because he is who he is he got let off with a suspended sentence, thats exactly what i mean by the luxuries they have
Loads of people are living the dream on our dime. We're paying for the government to reward their friends that gave them money. There isn't a more fcuked up scenario during this whole pandemic. Contracts worth billions handed out without tender, because someone gave Boris a few hundred grand, or happened to pour Matt Hancock a pint.

Brad Pitt doesn't have a requirement to feed kids either and more people watch his movies than pay Mo salah' wages. I understand the disillusionment and where you're coming from, 100%, I just think it's directed at the wrong people, unless of course all footballers are tax dodgers.