Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

I have friends who are supporters of all political parties although I've none who were/ are knowingly UKIP or Farage supporters.

I only draw the line at extreme bigotry and prejudicial discrimination levelled against those seen as the vulnerable poor.
I've no time for the deniers that poverty exists and I believe help should be forced to be given if not freely given.

It's why I changed my political stance.
To 18 , I was more a Conservative, as were all my family.
Although at 18 I voted Lib Dem, not trusting Cameron's Cons with the NHS.

I've voted Con for the local authority elections.

I now vote Labour, my main reasons for that, the NHS and the despicable treatment over the last near 11 years now of near persecution of the most vulnerable and even moreso the sick and disabled, who have been put through some of the most shocking and soul destroying testing for their benefits.

So I see good in all political parties and therefore have friends from all the political persuasions.

I draw the line at those more extreme on the mainly right, who always look down on and would keep down the poorest of society.
Sadly the last 3 PMs and the coalition government, then this lot from 2015 on their own have done just that.

I think the only time to look down on others less fortunate than ourselves is if you're setting out to help them back up.

So any of, in fact any, political position who would look down on and take away from the most vulnerable and sick and disabled.
Then no, they wouldn't be classed as friends of mine.
Thankfully, I don't think I have anyone like that as friends.

There were heavy divisions in my family at times.
However there too, few are now Conservative.
Some are Green.
The bulk have followed me to Labour, while in Scotland all my family now vote SNP.

I changed myself politically so know many keep searching as to politics.
I'm happy with Labour because despite its many faults, and there's many, I feel their heart is in the right place now again for the poorest and most vulnerable.

I've no time for anyone who would just dismiss the poorest and most vulnerable, lumping all of them together, because of a minority of those who'll abuse systems of help in place.

That's what defines my political efforts and hopes to help how I can and support the, and any, movements who wish to improve the quality of life for those poorest and vulnerable.

Last edited by joeysteele; 14-01-2021 at 08:01 AM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote