View Single Post
Old 15-01-2021, 12:05 PM #21
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Tbf I have a pretty good evening routine to unwind, I’m in bed with trash tv, my meds make me sleepy so I don’t have a problem getting to sleep either.

But last night for example I went to sleep at around midnight, woke up at 3, think I drifted off again by about half past, woke up an hour later at half 4, didn’t get back to sleep till about 6 then I woke up again at half 7 and I’ve been awake since.

It sounds really weird but every time I start to dream I wake up? It’s like my brains a broken DVD player as soon as something starts it spits it out and I wake up [emoji23]

Tbh after thinking about it, I’m pretty sure it’s boy problems causing the anxiety and therefore the bad sleep, so it’s just something I’m gonna have to ride out
It sounds like you're not transitioning from the light phase when you dream to delta wave sleep (when your brain is totally on suspend and you're properly out). Basically if you're still aware/alert enough to "realise that you're dreaming" you'll wake up pretty quickly. Your rational thought says "hey something isn't right with this, hmm must be a dream" and that clear thought is enough to spark you back awake.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote