Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
People are free to use whichever label they want, although I do think that some labels, like pansexuality and such aren't really different enough to be considered different to, say, bisexuality.

A lot of the things that define these 'fluid' sexualities are things that people with more static sexualities are capable of. Anyone is capable of forming a relationship based on an emotional connection, hell, you'll get plenty of straight people who may find themselves attracted to a same sex person based purely on things like that, just like you might get with a gay person and a member of the opposite sex.

There's also the murky issue with suggesting that only fluid people can be attracted to trans people which is silly and quite offensive to suggest that people with more static sexualities would somehow automatically discount trans people.

I do think that, sadly, these other labels have a habit of diminishing bisexuality by making it seem inherently less than.
Maybe that's the problem , there's too many labels these days . And some people don't like labels.

And I use to think pansexuality was about liking anyone based on their personality, then I thought it was being attracted to trans , intersex aswell as men and women.

But bisexual has always meant 2 as in attracted to both men and women, but maybe it should still apply to open people in general.

I've even heard people say "trisexual" , but surely that's still bisexual/ curious .