Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Our way of counting is bloody ridiculous tbh. I thought it was crappy when it was 28 days after a positive covid test, regardless of actual death. And I recently found out that they switched this to anyone who has a positive test in the previous 60 days! Which will bloody obviously make the numbers shoot up?! Like, if you did this with other illnesses, you could make the likes of norovirus seem deadly (not saying covid is not an issue or anything though, obviously I know its very serious for some people), if we were recording deaths of any kind, 2 months after the infection.

Surely there are better way to do it..just seems so weird and has never really made sense to me at 28 days, let alone 60

Is it right that some countries don't add in carehomes and such?

Regardless though, every time there is a decision to be made, it appears to be the wrong one (the xmas thing was ridiculous, days after saying Starmer was 'trying to steal xmas' ). I am not surprised our deaths are quite high.

Ontop of this, the whole eat out to help out thing..was stupid. I took advantage of it mind don't get me wrong, but to encourage mixing like that, only to whinge that people who did what they were told/paid to do were spreading the virus..which was entirely unpredictable and shocked people to their very core.
I believe we should be counting all deaths cause these people may have died from a different illness whilst having covid, but if hey didnt have covid then they would maybe have had better care.

I also think the poor people who die because they couldn't get treatment because of full beds or health risks should also be added. As should the suicides brought on by isolation and a whole plethora of other reasons.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote