View Single Post
Old 19-01-2021, 10:53 AM #66
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
I thought this was just the pfizer one? Sure I read the oxford one actually stops catching/transmisson. Which is why I find it a bit baffling that the pfizer one is the one being pushed really. Its awkward to store, and seems to not actually help the spread or anything. Meanwhile, the oxford one can just be stored in a bog standard fridge for 3 days..it seems the pfizer one is still the key, according to the government, but I cannot see how. It was a good stopgap until others came, but unless I have understood it all wrong (which is entirely possible!) the oxford one should be the main one used..
It's unknown for both; the trials have all been a simple "vaccines to number of cases" measure of effectiveness, there has been little to no testing at all on whether vaccinated people are totally immune or can still be asymptomatic carriers... figuring that out takes far longer. There's also no reason to assume that one vaccine is better/worse than another at this point when it comes to this.

However, either way, it's worth remembering that vaccinated or not, people can still transmit the virus to others on their hands/clothes/posessions etc. if there's a short enough time between contamination and contact.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote