View Single Post
Old 20-01-2021, 09:39 PM #5

For me to be 'lost' against something I'd previously enjoy, it would have to be due to something really major. While the show was beginning to lose momentum around the seasons 11-13 area, I'd still argue everything up to the movie was capable of still being quite good or at the very least watchable. Really it was post-movie in season 19 onwards where I was just growing sick of it.

I remember there was one particularly bad modern episode that made me never want to watch a new one ever again, in which Homer dies within his own home, gets cloned to be revived and then dies over and over, then his self(???) is inputted into being a computer(???) and then it leads to a really drab and uninspired "set in the future" Christmas episode that was coincidentally the sequel to a much better set in the future Christmas episode, stealing a lot of its plot points to make a really unfunny and awful experience for me to sit through. How I describe it sounds like one of those Halloween episodes where you can enjoy the absurdity of it all, but instead it's canonically a future-episode; but none of it makes any sense and is where things permanently "lost it" for me.
Epic. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote