View Single Post
Old 21-01-2021, 06:44 AM #529
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...Eternal Sunshine...

Spoiler:

...I also loved it, I don’t know why I’d only watched it once up until now...unlike Memento, I did remember the overall plot but had forgotten some of the details...actually, I’d forgotten about Mary and Howard, maybe because that part of the storyline took up a very small amount of screen time...but it was also such an important part of the plot...anyway, remembering some parts of movies over time and forgetting others is quite interesting as well...how we connect to some things and details more and how some things just pass through our memory stores, it’s all been very interesting....I liked the similarity to Memento in that it was also backwards, Joel’s relationship memories...he just passed fleetingly through the deterioration of their relationship, which became quite toxic and the whole reason why Clementine deleted him and his memories were more for the happy times ...but it showed that although memories could be deleted, connections couldn’t...as with Mary as well, she hadn’t lost that attraction she’d felt to Howard....and ughhhhhh, Howard was such a creep as well, he was responding to Mary’s ‘crush’ again until his wife came...good that Mary exposed the creeps and took away their power...what they did was obviously open to so much trust betrayal and that’s what Howard and Patrick did...I guess that it was essentially a love story but so many layers as well, just loved it.....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote