View Single Post
Old 21-01-2021, 05:22 PM #16
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeB View Post
I had to fill in a form that took me ages returning to UK and they didn't ask to see it they asked the same thing they asked you
Ahaha yeah. I spent a while doing that (panicky last minute, as jet2 sent me it at like 4am the day we flew back) then it wasn't even asked for and I was raging about the wasted time. Was also Gran Canaria too. Was quite dead, as touristy places were just opening back up again, they said they were all gearing up for opening properly the day we left...was a nice change actually, lovely and quiet, though not many bars and that open in a few places. Ended up in Peurto Rico a lot of the time, as it seemed things were open for locals there, so must not be quite as..touristy or something.

I was slagged off as a selfish granny killer for ages for daring to do that. It toughened my skin somewhat tbh, as I still don't think we did anything wrong, especially with having had covid already at that stage.

Mind, while people say other countries are doing better mask/distancing wise, that was NOT the case that I saw. We did mask in shops and that, but a lot just had them round chins, even back then. Had to mask to walk to a table, but then take it off when sat down too which seemed a bit odd. We did one of the drinking boat trips..as it was only me, gav and his eldest so who was 17. They actually said to us, you need to have a mask on while we leave, and when we come back into port else we could get a fine (the operators), but once you can't be seen, just take it off and enjoy yourselves, and then everyone was all over each other Was only us and another family who were English, with maybe 30 locals..we tried to keep distance incase we were blamed for making others ill, but eventually just..well carried on as normal as if nothing was going on Well, really, how can you do very drunken banana boats while distancing in reality..
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 21-01-2021 at 05:24 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote