View Single Post
Old 21-01-2021, 06:00 PM #106
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I have to wonder - do people who are all for abandoning single-sex spaces aware of what the actual fear is? It's not a fear that genuine transwomen are going to start attacking people at random... it's a fear that men will use it as a loophole to access those spaces disingenuously and with nefarious intent.

As for the argument that "that won't happen" - all I can really say there is that anyone who genuinely believes it won't happen doesn't know the half of this world and probably doesn't want to. It's not a "maybe"... it -will- happen. That's not a judgment on genuine transwomen at all, it's a judgement on men, and an acceptance that there are a seriously sickening number of men out there who will absolutely exploit an opportunity to abuse and harm women. Hard realities but there it is.
I think some feel like transmen and transwomen will attack them any shape or form (sexual attacks etc), specifically transwoman.

That's why the best public toilets have full-sized doors and a sink in the cubicle, so you can do what you need to do in privacy and go about your day.
Now that doesn't resolve the issue, but it falls back to how you educate your children, men (that are seen as the biggest danger in this context) and women on how to behave and act right. I feel like the more we have of them, the more people will get used to it and eventually accept them.

Last edited by Captain.Remy; 21-01-2021 at 06:04 PM.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote