View Single Post
Old 21-01-2021, 07:42 PM #131
Nah

Nah

I think a big area of frustration for transgender people is that they can't have access to what they really need/want because of a few bad cases, and people tend to focus more on the bad than the good.

Not that I don't understand it because, as Vicky mentionned for example, there are people that will try to take advantage of it and hurt people. And those hurt ones need to be heard too.
But really it's more the system that should be wronged rather than the people themselves, hence a well-needed good education about those issues.
To me there are way more good willing people than bad and I can see the frustration of transgender people always hearing "but it's unfair" or "transwomen beat up women in unisex toilets" etc all the time as a justification to what should be forbidden or not.
Not to mention that there are fully transphobic people who use these excuses to hide their transphobia (and again, I'm not talking about TIBB members who are fully genuine in their concerns about the topic and are not transphobic)

Again, not putting any justification of violence cases or people taking advantage of it aside whatsoever because it's a reality. I'm just pointing out what transgender people currently feel and that indeed, there is a way for both trans rights and womens rights to meet and fight for social justice together.

Last edited by Captain.Remy; 21-01-2021 at 07:45 PM.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote