View Single Post
Old 21-01-2021, 07:56 PM #133
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Remy View Post
I think a big area of frustration for transgender people is that they can't have access to what they really need/want because of a few bad cases, and people tend to focus more on the bad than the good.

Not that I don't understand it because, as Vicky mentionned for example, there are people that will try to take advantage of it and hurt people. And those hurt ones need to be heard too.
But really it's more the system that should be wronged rather than the people themselves, hence a well-needed good education about those issues.
To me there are way more good willing people than bad and I can see the frustration of transgender people always hearing "but it's unfair" or "transwomen beat up women in unisex toilets" etc all the time as a justification to what should be forbidden or not.
Not to mention that there are fully transphobic people who use these excuses to hide their transphobia (and again, I'm not talking about TIBB members who are fully genuine in their concerns about the topic and are not transphobic)

Again, not putting any justification of violence cases or people taking advantage of it aside whatsoever because it's a reality. I'm just pointing out what transgender people currently feel and that indeed, there is a way for both trans rights and womens rights to meet and fight for social justice together.
Its not 'just a few bad people' though. I don't understand that argument in this context. We make laws on people based on classes. Not on the good people who exist. Otherwise, men would all be allowed in female areas, because most men are not dangerous and most do not want to abuse women. Female areas would not exist if we rationalise in the way you are doing above? Not sure if I am explaining myself right here. But no laws would exist at all really, if it was all based on that. As generally speaking, most people will be good, its only a few bad ones, in whatever you are talking about. There would not be laws around fraud, because most people would never dream of committing fraud, making laws around it is accusing good people of maybe not being good. We wouldn't need laws on child abuse, as come on, most people don't abuse children, its not nice to base stuff on the few who do, its insulting and upsetting to those who would never consider doing anything wrong. Basically, safeguarding does not work based on the good ones. It takes all into account.

transwomen beat up women in unisex toilets - Have literally never seen that said ever. Yeah it would be **** to hear that all the time though.

Agreed though, about people who hide actual transphobia by using other genuine issues to mask it. Thats generally quite obvious as...its people who only ever pop up in womens rights stuff when it comes to trans related stuff. They do not care about womens rights generally, yet suddenly do when its to do with trans people. The reverse happens also. People who give not a **** about 'social justice' or whatever, unless its a trans topic, in which case they use it to talk crap about women. Its hugely frustrating, but generally quite obvious.

I get why transpeople feel attacked. I also understand why women feel attacked. Neither should be attacked. Both deserve rights, of their own. And solutions need to be found that benefit both groups. Not one group totally ignored and silenced, in order to please the other. Its possible to do. Just seemingly, unwanted.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 21-01-2021 at 07:59 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote