View Single Post
Old 21-01-2021, 08:08 PM #134
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Its not 'just a few bad people' though. I don't understand that argument in this context. We make laws on people based on classes. Not on the good people who exist. Otherwise, men would all be allowed in female areas, because most men are not dangerous and most do not want to abuse women. Female areas would not exist if we rationalise in the way you are doing above? Not sure if I am explaining myself right here. But no laws would exist at all really, if it was all based on that. As generally speaking, most people will be good, its only a few bad ones, in whatever you are talking about. There would not be laws around fraud, because most people would never dream of committing fraud, making laws around it is accusing good people of maybe not being good. We wouldn't need laws on child abuse, as come on, most people don't abuse children, its not nice to base stuff on the few who do, its insulting and upsetting to those who would never consider doing anything wrong. Basically, safeguarding does not work based on the good ones. It takes all into account.

transwomen beat up women in unisex toilets - Have literally never seen that said ever. Yeah it would be **** to hear that all the time though.

Agreed though, about people who hide actual transphobia by using other genuine issues to mask it. Thats generally quite obvious as...its people who only ever pop up in womens rights stuff when it comes to trans related stuff. They do not care about womens rights generally, yet suddenly do when its to do with trans people. The reverse happens also. People who give not a **** about 'social justice' or whatever, unless its a trans topic, in which case they use it to talk crap about women. Its hugely frustrating, but generally quite obvious.

I get why transpeople feel attacked. I also understand why women feel attacked. Neither should be attacked. Both deserve rights, of their own. And solutions need to be found that benefit both groups. Not one group totally ignored and silenced, in order to please the other. Its possible to do. Just seemingly, unwanted.
I'm not saying laws should be based only on good willing people because that's not possible and you stated it clearly.
I'm saying it's the way it's put across to transgender people, there's a difference. It's always "but your people are dangerous" kind of speech from some people to shut down the discussion instead of really opening it up.

When it comes to the unisex thing, I've heard it from transwomen who experienced it first hand, and I understand that it must hurt because they're mixed with the bad ones (the one who take advantage of situations like that such as robberies, sexual assault etc). It's quite devastating to them. It takes one case to put people in that box.

And obviously rights that are respectful to all

Last edited by Captain.Remy; 21-01-2021 at 08:10 PM.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote