View Single Post
Old 21-01-2021, 08:27 PM #135
0_o

0_o

Totally misunderstood that bit then, sorry

I get that it would be annoying and upsetting if people were always saying stuff like that. Thats kind of why I try to..be so specific when talking about this, that its not really transpeople that are the issue that I see, though it comes under the 'trans rights' argument. Its, the consequences of doing away with sex based rights, which so many transactivists seem to want, yet, transpeople themselves are less keen on that, transsexual people at least (another kind of issue is how..wide the 'umbrella' is these days, near anyone could legitimately claim to be trans when you remove sex dysphoria from the equation..and when this happens, the 'womens spaces' issue becomes even harder to deal with, if suddenly there are 500k people wanting in, instead of 5000). I..attempt to make it clear that its men who will abuse it, or general pisstakers who do not actually have dysphoria.. that are my problem, not actual transwomen, for example. Or if its about a specific person, will try to make sure I only talk about them (then get accused of being focused on one person!) make very clear that that person is my issue, and the loophole they are currently showing to the world.

FFS in these discussions before I have tied myself in knots so much I end up saying 'person with a penis' or 'female person with a gender identify of a man but who is feminine' and other ridiculous things as I have been so specific with wording that thats what I am left with and it needs to be said in order to make the point make any sense

Its hard, to find wording sometimes to say what you mean without offending anyone. And despite what some think on here, I genuinely do not want to offend anyone.

My main point in this will always be, its possible to advance the rights of all. Without removing rights from anyone. But this will take hard discussions. Trying to prevent the discussion by shutting it down, is not helping anyone in the long run really. There are solutions, maybe not ideal solutions, but solutions better than the current ones. Its not fair, not should it be accepted, to just expect women to roll over and give up their rights. Especially not when such rights are so recently won, and honestly, still a bit flakey in some areas. Nor is it fair to expect transpeople to do nothing to advance their own situation. The two don't HAVE to clash. And needs actually cross over in some areas tbh. But..the state of things today is just crap, and helps noone and just creates resentment where there doesn't need to be resentment really.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 21-01-2021 at 08:29 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote