Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

I want to forget that entire episode.

Musicals on the show are very hot and cold. Some provide excellent challenges (Bitch Perfect, the Pharmarusical, the Madonna one, Shade) and some are excruciating (The Kardashian musical, the Trumps one)... and it all depends on the writing and the music. This was just... I don't really understand. Like, I'm not a fan of Cats, or Evita, or whatever so most of the references went over my head anyway but there was just... nothing really there? And seeing Ru and Michelle guffawing at jokes that weren't even jokes just made the whole thing unwatchable.

That said, I think the top three performers were Veronica, Tia and Bimini/A'whora. Veronica and Tia stood out the most but the Bawhora segments were probably the most animated and fun. I think Cherry, Tayce and Lawrence were the right bottom three though. I just don't really understand how Lawrence's runway saved her. She... looked boxy as hell, it was predictable (in Alan's own words), and it was unflattering. I think the B2 should've been her and Cherry.

It was a huge downgrade in runways in general from last week... only Veronica really surprised me in a good way. I think A'Whora's was good, and I liked the huge flip in Tia's looks, enough so that it should've gone without mentioning how ugly the final dress was (I didn't hate it that much?)... but most of the others were just really underwhelming. And I'm sorry but Ginny showing her arse made me feel faintly ill.

There's no obvious frontrunner this series which is a good thing since it was quite obvious that Vivienne, Baga and Divina would be the finalists last series... but at the same time it's difficult to see any of the current roster really deserving the crown right now.

And then onto their personalities... I can sort-of look past A'Whora and her bitchiness and shallow perceptions of drag, because I have two firm "least favourites" right now in Ginny and Lawrence. I really thought Lawrence would be a contender, because the judges hype her up, the MTQ video was good, and she's getting such a favourable edit... but jesus this was not a cute episode for her. I thought the breakdown in the middle of rehearsal was incredibly forced, and seemed contrived to me... but also a whole bunch of her talking heads were really cocky and just... not cute. Mouthing off over Ginny joking about her stealing her material, having a pop at Sister Sister for being genuinely frustrated with her melodrama getting in the way of their rehearsals, and then playing the victim ("you're an arsehole who doesn't like seeing me upset")... and then Ginny's at the bottom of my list because her drag is grating, her personality is too, and I just find her ugly and crass.

And then to top it all off... I'm sorry but that lipsync was dry and could've very easily been a double elimination. That song does nothing for me. BORED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote