View Single Post
Old 22-01-2021, 05:57 AM #140
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Except there hasn't been any hatred. Not from the people actually engaging in the discussion, anyway.

This debate goes far far beyond "accepting differences, sexualities and genders". It's about how the rights of different people can come into conflict and can only be resolved by respecting and taking BOTH groups into account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Precisely, and the irony that some of the LGBT community who fought a battle against being slurred and who had many woman standing by them in their fight are now resorting to slurs themselves to shut down debate instead of engaging in resolution is frankly mind blowing
And to answer again to that, the initial comment I made was not towards women but more so towards transphobic people who hide behind issues like sports or unisex toilets to be transphobic.
I meant in a more general way because there are people reading this thread that are not members. Not meaning you or women in particular. As I have said, some people have genuine concerns and want to engage in the discussion, and some just use that as an excuse.

Hence the discussion I had with Vicky later to say that both groups need to be heard and a war doesn't have to happen when it comes to both rights. It can be worked out but it's an incredibly touchy and sensitive topic on both ends. LGBT people and women always fought together for social justice, it cannot stop now and hopefully never will.

I also shared my view that lately there has been a lot of heat and intense discussions about those topics (ie The sexuality thread or whatever it's called) that can be perceived as hurtful. That's it, it doesn't get beyond that.