View Single Post
Old 22-01-2021, 09:57 AM #13
Nah

Nah

Alright so where to start....
A’Whora isn't a bad shady villain I thought she would be. She's a fun one as Daniel said. Reminds me of past RPDR seasons where shade was everywhere but not toxic shade.

I agree with Shaun, the rusicals are either hit or miss. And boy this one was a miss. Only Veronica and Tia stood out and they carried the whole musical on their backs. Veronica definitely came out of nowhere to rightfully snatch the win. The runway was very well thought too!

On the runway part, Ellie came out super strong and my toot of the week just like last week. THAT FACE! Most of them did well but yeah Tayce and Lawrence were not convincing. I like Lawrence, I want her to do well but this episode definitely did not help.

The bottom three was the correct one, and so was the bottom two (I kind of see why Lawrence was saved though, her performance was not good but had a bigger presence to it? If that makes sense?)

Also, Ru reading Tayce for wearing something that came out of a store is so aggravating. No Ru, not everybody can afford nice expensive clothes all the time, or get people to make the clothes for them.
It felt like Ru forgot what drag is at its core. Did she forget seasons 1 to 7 of RPDR? Most of the looks prior to that weren't as big, bright or expensive as today but they still SERVED. And we all loved it. (many RPDR queens confirmed that there was a shift in drag relating to the fashion on the show).
I'm not saying Tayce's look was great also, because it wasn't. But Ru could have said something else rather than "it looks like it's from a store".

The lipsync was also not great. I love this song and wanted to see it on RPDR for a long time. I get it that there's not much you can do to it, but there are still something to be done to convey the emotions. Tayce did better, and I feel sad for Cherry. She really could have delivered.