Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Remy View Post
And to answer again to that, the initial comment I made was not towards women but more so towards transphobic people who hide behind issues like sports or unisex toilets to be transphobic.
I meant in a more general way because there are people reading this thread that are not members. Not meaning you or women in particular. As I have said, some people have genuine concerns and want to engage in the discussion, and some just use that as an excuse.

Hence the discussion I had with Vicky later to say that both groups need to be heard and a war doesn't have to happen when it comes to both rights. It can be worked out but it's an incredibly touchy and sensitive topic on both ends. LGBT people and women always fought together for social justice, it cannot stop now and hopefully never will.

I also shared my view that lately there has been a lot of heat and intense discussions about those topics (ie The sexuality thread or whatever it's called) that can be perceived as hurtful. That's it, it doesn't get beyond that.

But don't you see that those of us who have concerns are not able to engage as as soon as anyone puts their head above the parapet they are immediately insulted, as evidenced in this thread

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote