View Single Post
Old 22-01-2021, 03:45 PM #6540
Oh no, I'm English

Oh no, I'm English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Been actively trying to avoid this for a while tbh. It appears as though*, the deal we decided on last minute (as Macron and Boris stared willywaving at each other over the Dover situation, seemingly, and Boris lost?) is way worse than any previous deals spoken about, for us anyway? How surprising and not at all what many said would happen. I was in the 'any deal is better than no deal' camp for a while, but really, if its all concessions and no benefit as it seems to be, is the deal really worth it?! We were grabbed by the balls though really, and I will always be of the opinion that the 'hold ups' were more a show of power, than anything to do with the 'new' strain of covid, that had been known about since September..and the power show, made Boris piss himself. In short.

*primarily from reading ranty statuses, and blog posts and stuff though, in fairness!
This deal is terrible, but it's still better than no-deal. This was always the problem with the fools gold of brexit and the claims made. This isn't considerably worse than Mays deal, it's just that that the lies and fake promises have finally met with reality. When people were told they didn't understand what they were actually voting for, it was called elitism and project fear.

The EU just looked after their members interests, they didn't try and bully us or anything like that. Boris screwed the pooch by not negotiating and then making the agreement last minute.

The truth and harsh reality, is that we already had sovereignty and we had the best deal available by being n the EU. Brexit was just the wealthy using nationalism to protect their tax avoidance and to redirect money to them and their friends. Now the government will soon be blaming brexiteers for this deal, the same way they are blaming us for their covid failures.