¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Right. Slight disaster narrowly averted - forgot to put 'Midnight Sky' in my list when it came out. Everything else has been taken from a Spotify playlist I've been building over the year (checking out every New Music Friday), so I hopefully haven't missed something major... but there's always the chance something didn't really grab me on release but has since grown a lot. Oh well. C'est la vie.

I don't really have any concrete system for ranking these - ie. if I've put something at #94, is it necessarily worse than the song at #93? No - but it's just an easier format to present it in than to just drop 100 songs on you and expect you to listen to them all ANYWAY. Preamble over, here's the first ten...

#100 - "Oh! Euphoria!" by Twin Atlantic
I'm gonna keep these write-ups brief because there's a bloody hundred of them. The album the Scots released this year wasn't brilliant, but I still really liked its opener.

#99 - "Weird!" by Yungblud
I'm probably double the age of his target demographic, but that doesn't mean this wasn't one of the more interesting things been pimped by Radio 1 this year!

#98 - "No Sweat" by Jessie Reyez
A little short-sighted leaving this off the album, because it was better than anything on it. Super dancey, catchy and fun.

#97 - "No Shame" by 5 Seconds to Summer
is this the portion of my countdown where I get all of the things out I'm a little embarrassed to like? yes! yes it is!

#96 - "Better Off Without You" by Becky Hill & Shift K3Y
She might not really shake up her signature sound, but why would you when it's as catchy as this?

#95 - "Know Your Worth" by Khalid & Disclosure
There've been a couple of projects worked on by this pair together over the years, but this has probably been my favourite. Very feelgood, and not just literally and lyrically.

#94 - "Chasing Rainbows" by Big Freedia & Kesha
After guesting on Kesha's last album, 'High Road', the favour was paid back on a much better song.

#93 - "I Can See The Change" by Celeste
Got to feel sympathy for Celeste; 2020 was written down to be 'her year' and then... everything happened. Luckily, she's releasing her debut album tomorrow. This'll be a better year. Right? (her voice is gorgeous on this song)

#92 - "I Don't Know Why" by NOTD & Astrid S
The Norwegian popstar really kicked into gear in 2020, and there's more of her to come on this list. This song though... pure joy.

#91 - "Shh... Don't Say It" by FLETCHER
Truth be told... I don't know anything about FLETCHER. This was very much a random discovery, letting one of those New Music Friday playlists play a little longer than usual. Fantastic song, though, and she happens to be beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote