¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

She seems like someone who's on the rise (or at least was prior to touring being a thing of the past was due to open for Lewis Capaldi and Niall Horan)

#90 - "Never Come Back" by Caribou
I have a pretty bad headache as I'm writing this, so the video (and, tbh, the song itself) is not really what I want in my life right now... but for a good chunk of the year it's been a bop! So it'd be cruel to omit it now!

#89 - "Break Up Song" by Little Mix
Girlbands borrowing heavily from the 1980s is always going to be something on my radar, especially when it's a rare great single from one of the most middling pop acts around right now.

#88 - "Elevator Girl" by Shura & Ivy Sole
Dropping this as an extra little treat after her album in 2019, 'Elevator Girl' was a surprising new sound for Shura - channeling a little bit of Erykah Badu or Thundercat.

#87 - "Vulnerable" by Selena Gomez
It's extremely rare for me to give Miss Gomez the time of day, but kudos to whoever produced this for her. Understated, and yet catchy as hell.

#86 - "Broken Glass" by Kygo & Kim Petras
If you, like me, thought that Kygo was a fad from 2015 that should be left in the past - perhaps consider this alternative, because it's something that made summer a little more fun.

#85 - "Homecoming" by Lil Uzi Vert
I very much hold the whole trap genre with little more than contempt, but the beat on this was something... I actually wanted to listen to

#84 - "B.S." by Jhené Aiko & H.E.R.
I've really enjoyed Aiko's laidback, honey-like voice for a few years now... unfortunately 'Chilombo' was a boring listen for me, but it did contain this gem.

#83 - "Hold Out" by Sam Fender
Another singer dropping a one-off* straight off the back of a successful album was Fender, who I genuinely assumed was Scottish until I read up on him. North Shields is close enough, right?
*turns out he released another in November. Oops. Misinformation everywhere!

#82 - "Algorhythm" by Childish Gambino
Uuugh... when he gets it right, he gets it right. Glover's album in 2020 was a huge misfire; a whirlwind of muddled production and confused themes that just didn't inspire me at all. This was one of the more interesting cuts from it; an industrial nightmare that's menacing in all the right ways.

#81 - "Experience" by Victoria Monét, Khalid & SG Lewis
Someone who's almost destined to be huge when she finally drops an album rather than some EPs; this is a gorgeous, summery disco anthem that should've enjoyed as much success as your Say Sos and your Hallucinates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote