View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 11:36 AM #27
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I don't think there's a problem with teachers sharing aspects of their lives with kids, especially once they get to 10+, within reason obviously. I think the days of the "stern, distant school teacher" who is only there for academics & discipline is a bit outdated really.

It can go the other way of course - my daughter had a newly qualified teacher last year who was "everyone's pal" - the kids all thought he was amazing, best teacher ever, so much fun... but frankly as a TEACHER he was absolute pish . I went to her parents evening and straight afterwards texted my wife "FFS he has no idea what he's doing haha". I'm not convinced she learned anything at all last year, and some of what he was teaching was straight up INCORRECT ...

Anyway, off topic there a bit, but yeah I think it would be quite nice for a teacher to share wedding pics with the kids if they're interested.

Does anyone else remember the drama and chaos that would ensue at primary school when a teacher got married and changed their name? . "Can you take this along to Mrs White?" "...who??? That's Ms Smith! WHAT IS HAPPENING"
...oh, most name changes are usually adapted to really easily by the children from my experience...maybe because most weddings seem to be in the Summer break when there is time off for a longer honeymoon/holiday...so then that teacher will have a name change but also a new class who haven’t got used to their name so much....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote