View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021, 03:40 PM #15
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
I've said this many times but one can't help but wonder just why the world is turning a blind eye to behaviour which led to a World War...

But then the answer is obvious: Moneeeyyy. Since the world has started to bend the knee to get those sweet Chinabux, they've been allowed to get away with all sorts of crap. How can Disney call themselves inclusive when they removed whatshisface from the Star Wars posters and only leave in easily removable gay references ... Once China banned Ghostbusters (2016) for being evil witchcraft, Hollywood should have gave them the finger and left them to it.

Hollywood tangent aside If China hadn't insinuated their way into the world's wallet, people might be taking actual action.
There was another thread about China recently where I believed that we would have let Hitler do what he wanted if he chose to pursue an economic path over one of war. It's quite a worrying thought, how the world would stand by and let such atrocities happen if enough money is involved.

China has historic taboos when it comes to the occult and the dead, very few, if any, ghost related media will be aired in China. I have less of an issue with those beliefs than the discrimination in de-emphasising John Boyega which was nothing short of pandering to bigotry.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote