Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

forgot to redeem that code, oops

A LOT of people are pissed with this newest update that came out on Tuesday. Major complaints are about the hitboxes and the changes to the HUD (the layout of the in-game screen has changed completely).

I can sympathise with the former: the games I've played over the past 2 days have given me the most "wtf????" hits as both a survivor and a killer. Jumping through a window and getting hit a second later... not good at all. The problem stems from them changing the way characters move: every single action looks different, and on the face of it it's a good change... no one is hunched over and gremlin-looking any more, everyone stands upright, and the animations for crawling/getting recovered/being injured are just... I don't really have any opinion on them really, I don't care about the change either way. But I guess the hitboxes are crazy because they haven't changed them from how they were before the animations looked different?

I don't really have a problem with the new HUD other than the option they've given to change the size of it. You can change the in-game HUD so all the icons are smaller and take up less of the screen.... but the problem is it also makes your progress bar and skill checks smaller it's also a nightmare playing against the Plague because you can't rely on the status of the survivors to be accurate: I was being vomited on and the icon of my character still indicated I wasn't "broken" yet by the vomit, and she still hit me and down me even though it should've been an injure I can imagine it'll be difficult to tell your madness level vs. a doctor, and "deep wound" effects vs. Legion/Borrowed Time/Deathslinger etc.

Other small weird bugs I've noticed:
-when you're hooked/caged, the music keeps changing between two different audio files
-killer sometimes gets sucked to your side of the pallet if you stun them with it

But yeah I've never seen the community so frustrated and angry with an update... even the Blight one which broke the PS4's framerates and had like 400 miscellaneous bugs.

On the plus side... I really like the new Saw map. The Asylum ones... meh, no real improvement and a little too bright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote