Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bollo View Post
I watched it avidly went it came out, I was absolutely hooked it was compelling , Brilliant writing and acting.. I went on to watch Chewing gum and you can see the complete difference in writing styles..it is horrible to think that what happened to Michaelea in between writing both series inspired I may destroy you..
I didn't realise she was actually writing about herself, I am on ep 4

hen she was writing the second series of Chewing Gum, Michaela Coel took a break from work and went out for a drink with a friend.

The next morning, she woke up and started having flashbacks. Michaela realised her drink had been spiked and she'd been sexually assaulted.

This real-life experience became the basis for her new BBC One show, I May Destroy You, which she wrote, co-directed and stars in.

"It took me two and a half years all in all to write it and I didn't do any other job," she tells Radio 1 Newsbeat.

"It's been quite hard but cathartic because I'm reflecting on a dark time rather than feeling it is happening to me right now."

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote