BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
If I'm remembering the original trilogy right, most people not only didn't know who individual Jedi were... Many of them actually thought that the Jedi / The Force was a myth. Reading between the lines, the most likely explanation is that the Empire - after extinguishing 99.9% of Jedi - also started a "misinformation" campaign to make people doubt they were ever real.
I think the Prequels could have done with a "sceptical friend". Someone who joins Obi Wan, Anakin , and Padme on various adventures but thinks Jedi are nothing but sword-wielding ambassadors. Like, Han Solo never really seemed to think much of the Force, and Luke was his best mate! Knowing that Jedi exist(ed) and believing in the validity if the Force needn't go hand in hand.

Edit: the Imperial officer who Vader chokes at the meeting in New Hope said something about Vader being all that remained of that ancient religion, so I'm guessing people not immediately involved with the Jedi would have known they exist, but not that the Force is tangible.

Last edited by Oliver_W; 12-02-2021 at 05:31 PM.
Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote