View Single Post
Old 15-02-2021, 05:24 AM #22
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..the ending.../Scott..?....

Spoiler:

...as Shaun said, so many who have experienced sexual assault don’t get the closure or justice that there would be and pursuing it will often extend the attack of making the female feel the one on trial... of her behaviour in some way being an explanation or excuse for what someone else did to her..the way that I interpreted it is of her finding her own ‘closure’ or own way of going forward, I should say...of not having it impact or define her whole life and taking back her control..she obviously wrote the whole thing to help with that process, I would say and her story hasn’t had an ending, in the ‘justice’ type way...she’s exploring the endings as possibilities with how she would feel about them if she could ‘write an outcome to her awful experience...’ ...and how at peace she would be with them../..the possibilities etc...so she’s considering them in extremes of forgiveness, which would be for herself, rather than him...?...refusing to let it determine her whole life...to that movie type revenge ending of killing him...which would continue to define and determine and impact her life but would have that sense of ultimate revenge ...there may be ‘fantasy’ endings but reality is more that so often, a victim just won’t have closure and has to find their own way of knowing that person is just living their life and never having to face any consequences while their own ‘flashbacks’ will continue on...I really loved the ending(s) in that they were hers to explore in any way that she felt the need to e pore and release for cathartic/her control value ...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote