View Single Post
Old 15-02-2021, 02:28 PM #6
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Umm, noted.

But I don't really think it is a serious threat. And it is as much directed at me as you. The ban was more for insulting / getting personal with another member (which I don't like to see - bringing in personal stuff).

You could have private messaged this, by the way.
I don't think he's going to rock up at my door but I do think that there should be a zero tolerance policy to threatening language, because acceptance of it means it just keeps happening. It's not really a minor issue, I'm aware of multiple instances of this sort of language being pushed under the rug over the years, and (to be frank) the fact that you're not bothered about it also being directed at you really has little (if any) bearing on how it should be dealt with when it's being thrown around on the forum. That's purely subjective - for example, I couldn't care less about the attempts at "personal insults", people can throw those at me all day and you have my express permission to not even give them an infraction or warning for it.

Funnily enough, as he mentioned me moving on career-wise, that is indeed the case and my job for the last almost-two-years has involved a significant element of online safeguarding... there's "a line" and direct threats are very clearly over that line, whether they're realistic or not.

I could have private messaged it yes but the whole point is that the "hush hush" 🙈🙉🙊 culture when it comes to this on TiBB is the main problem.