View Single Post
Old 16-02-2021, 09:06 AM #14
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
Automatically banning people for voicing stupid conspiracy theories just gives fuel to the "they must be covering something!!" nutters.

My aunt (who loves David Ike...) was earnestly telling me about how the vaccine will turn everyone into communists. I tried googling this, and the nearest thing I could find was another bonkers theory that said China released the virus in order to cripple economies and make counties collapse into communism, or something?

She's pretty into this stuff so I doubt it was a misreading on her part; but being unable to even find a reference or debunking of something so obviously stupid does smell a bit fishy.

I understand that discouraging people from getting the vaccine isn't on, but neither is the wholesale shutting down of conversations .
I can see both sides of this really. On one hand, the disinformation that goes around on Social Media is just an absolute mess. On the other... ... every corner of social media is so packed with various flavours of disinformation, "instabanning" one variety feels like serious hypocrisy. I can't remember the last time I saw a Facebook post that DIDN'T contain some sort of disinformation.

The answer of course isn't banning Sorbo. It's deleting Facebook entirely. And Twitter. And all of 'em. Just burn Social Media to the ground. Maybe the internet in general.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote