View Single Post
Old 23-02-2021, 11:27 AM #61
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Yeah I know..its awful really. I feel bad for everyone in this thing tbh as I am sure there is no huge rift behind closed doors or anything like the press is continually making out, and even if there was..like..can you imagine if every spat in your family was spread across the papers and exagerrated ontop of that. I know its kind of part of being famous, but this is on another level. I genuinely would not be surprised if there was a headline about how many craps meghan and harry take per day.

And I will never understand why its so awful to ask for some privacy, yet publicize things you are happy to share. Thats bonkers to me really. Ontop of this, part of the reason the papers are so interested in them, is because there are thousands ready to leap on meghans every move and dissect it and twist it and get quite angry from what I have seen on social media anyway, those raging clicks, are exactly WHY there is so much news about them, so really, if people are annoyed at the amount of publicity, just..well avoid it. If interest dies down, the press wont be so bothered about them.

It feels odd for me to be defending the royals though, I have to say. As I have never thought much of the monarchy and that, I think its all old fashioned pointless nonsense and usually I will just stay away from news about them as I dont really care. But the...reaction to anything meghan (and harry, but mainly meghan) does is just so bizarre. And yes, that poor child reading all this crap about his parents..it wont be good and could even set off another destructive cycle really.
....as parents we know how much negative stuff said about parents and families etc, upsets a child...and we certainly know the far reaching behaviour/emotional damage on children in schools...and this is on such a grand scale that we could never imagine and will never experience...and obviously, Archie will come to know about the death of his late grandmother as well and how that media played their part and how that then was carried down by his dad...and so he’ll read about how the media have been with his mum especially and on and on...and serving no purpose other than to be damaging to a family ...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote