View Single Post
Old 23-02-2021, 01:28 PM #1125
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zizu View Post
LIVE on Sky News this morning -

Matt Hancock was asked why there were only 116,000 vaccines administered yesterday when the average figure of late has been 600,000 !!

He said it’s going to be a ‘quieter’ week but we should have some ‘bumper’ figures in the coming weeks ..

It sounds like there is/was a shortage of vaccines as was muted in the media and would explain why my vaccine was cancelled last week and delayed until tonight ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
We're starting to approach 12 weeks since the first doses started being given which means they now have to start the second dose rollout alongside first doses; a process which requires MUCH more administration and organisation. It's not just any old bum in seat, needle in arm, away you go... dates and times need to be checked, the right vaccine has to be sourced, for AZ the dosage has to be double checked (as some people will be getting half, some full) ... it's inevitable that orchestrating second doses will slow down the whole process and this was always a wall they were going to hit at the three-month mark.

In good news - my wife got her appointment through today for her 2nd Pfizer dose and will be fully-vaxxed at the start of April . I won't get a sniff at a FIRST dose for months yet . Maybe if I do my make-up really nicely and wear a wig... I can sneak in with her ID and steal her 2nd dose??
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote