Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
Y'know I've not heard a single good thing about him in several years ...
I honestly can't pinpoint one thing he had done as Mayor that has actually benefitted Londoners

https://secretldn.com/elizabeth-line-delayed/

4 Years delayed and I won't be surprised if 2022 is shifted again because...Covid

Well, here’s a little rundown of the whole Crossrail saga. In July 2018, bright-eyed and full of hope, we brought you the news of the Crossrail’s official opening date, slated for December 2018. Yet a month later, the opening was announced to be delayed by about nine months. The, two days after the original opening date, we told you that it wasn’t looking likely until at least 2020. In April 2019, the news was that it might be delayed until 2021. Then, in November 2019, news came that it had definitely been delayed until 2021 – and what’s more, the project was set to run as much as £650 million over budget. In August 2020, with a pandemic between us and that latest development, news arrived that Crossrail now won’t be finished until 2022, and will require an extra £1.1 billion to complete. Today, we learned that the beleaguered project has been given an extra £825 million in funding in order to push the final phase of Crossrail to completion.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote