View Single Post
Old 27-02-2021, 09:49 PM #42
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
I can be a bit of a book purist (damn you Peej for leaving out Bombadil ) so it took a while for me to get over the fact the Snyderverse isn't exactly like the comics someone suggested that the Synderverse fits better into the Dark Knight Returns comics line more than the "main", which it totally does.

At the end of the day ... none of it "actually" happened and I can either enjoy seeing a visual representation of something I like to read ... or I can bitch about it

That's a long winded way of saying I don't exactly care which one turns out to be better, but i'm glad Snyder gets to finish his story, especially when a)he left because his daughter took her own life and b)he was replaced by a Hollywood hack Whedon, he turned out to be a complete twat.
I randomly saw ol' Xander (Nicholas Brendon) in a film earlier tonight and decided to look him up with all of the domestic abuse allegations etc... but instead ended up going down a Whedon rabbit hole as, apparently, a tonne of people have come out with some not-so-great stuff about him very recently starting with the actress who played Cordelia in Buffy and Angel... but now quite a few other Buffy cast and crew, plus a few from the Justice League production (including Gal Gadot) have confirmed he's... umm... not great to work with.

The most concerning is that there was an "unofficial" rule amongt set staff on Buffy that they'd make sure he was never alone in a room with the actress who played Dawn... who was 15 at the time . Doesn't elaborate other than to say he had made "inappropriate comments" around her and they decided to be on the safe side. Worrying!

Buffy herself SMG also made some vague supportive comments and has said that "she'll always be proud to be associated with the name Buffy Summers, but does not want to be forever associated with the name Joss Whedon."

So yeah... I feel like PURELY to stick it to Whedon, it's good that a version of JL is being made that hasn't been touched by him. Snyder has basically said that he butchered it, right down to leaving entire scenes out simply because they couldn't get the visuals to gel with his "newly filmed stuff" that had been done on different tech, but he refused to cut his own new scenes. I STRONGLY suspect that this is why a lot of the CGI is so poor.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 27-02-2021 at 09:50 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote