BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
So yeah... I feel like PURELY to stick it to Whedon, it's good that a version of JL is being made that hasn't been touched by him. Snyder has basically said that he butchered it, right down to leaving entire scenes out simply because they couldn't get the visuals to gel with his "newly filmed stuff" that had been done on different tech, but he refused to cut his own new scenes. I STRONGLY suspect that this is why a lot of the CGI is so poor.
I hadn't thought of the new tech thing, movie making technology moves on pretty quick, it makes sense even in the relatively short amount of time the original footage was filmed ago, new stuff might not gel.

I've never heard anything really bad about Snyder. For a while I thought he might be the brother of Scott Snyder, who wrote Batman and JL comics. I mean ... This scene looks like it's roasting BvS for all the destruction their fight caused with no concern for citizens
Spoiler:

But apparently they're not related and it's just a coincidence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
The most concerning is that there was an "unofficial" rule amongt set staff on Buffy that they'd make sure he was never alone in a room with the actress who played Dawn... who was 15 at the time . Doesn't elaborate other than to say he had made "inappropriate comments" around her and they decided to be on the safe side. Worrying!
I guess the USA has different rules to the UK, but I occasionally do child protection work with the BBC, and kids under 16 literally aren't allowed to be left alone with anyone who's not a licensed chaperone; that includes directors and older actors. And that's from the time they're dropped off by their parents (or whoever) until they're picked up.

So as much as I'd like to Whedon-bash, that particular rule could have been an official one?

Last edited by Oliver_W; 28-02-2021 at 08:25 AM.
Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote