BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
So this thread sent me down a DC movies rabbit hole this morning... Apparently, Batfleck isn't done with after all? I thought he quit? But now I'm reading that he's in the Flash movie next year (possible cameos from other Batmen too; Keaton and Bale - as Flash is bringing in the multiverse) and also depending on the success of the Snyder cut, Cavill and Affleck are in talks about a "Worlds Finest" thing together (unclear if theatrical movie or HBO Max miniseries).

I've also heard rumours of them looking st casting Michael B Jordan as the first black Superman, but not as a recast, as an alternate universe Supes existing alongside Cavill's established one, and also that Batfleck and Battinson will co-exist... But there are plans for Cavill's Superman to work alongside R Patz's Batman at some point. . Both Leto and Phoenix's jokers would also be Canon, as well as a likely 3rd Joker at some point for Pattinson. I feel like it's all getting very complicated, haha.

Not to mention that the Flash crossover with the CW's DC shows means that all of the DCTV stuff is official as well - so that means all three of the Brandon Routh, Tom Welling and Tyler Hoechlin supermens are all technically canon too. Hmmmm.
I'm not sure what's going on with the black Superman thing - a few years back Michael B Jordan wanted to do a black Supes project, but it didn't happen for whatever reason. The upcoming Supes is being produced by JJ Abrams, and written by Ta-Nehisi Coates; I've not read anything by him, but from what little I've heard he's quite "Woke".

But yeah, I think his being the writer is the reason people think it's gonna be a Black Superman.

Last edited by Oliver_W; 18-03-2021 at 11:56 AM.
Oliver_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote