This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Finished the other two episodes

Spoiler:

I knew it was coming because I'm an idiot who likes to read spoilers before I watch TV shows and films... but whew that was a heavy watch.

I am now in a predicament where I feel like if I ever saw Keeley Hawes I would smack her in the face

Episode four was done a little better IMO... the fifth had a lot of loose ends to tie up, whereas 4 was all about Ritchie going home, getting the diagnosis, finally owning up to his behaviour and shame, reliving his past and going through the stages of grief (that scene where he breaks down in that boy's car, and then gets out and performs some ballet moves in the headlights... absolutely stunning).

And then obviously the fifth episode was inevitable... I've already said in here about how heartbreaking and difficult it was for families of the deceased to come to terms with, but even small details like Ritchie's sister crying with Roscoe & Jill in the B&B just... really well done. And the final scenes with Jill just stopping in on lonely strangers because she never got to say goodbye to Ritchie... yeah that ruined me lol.

I need to read up on Jill herself... she was based on this woman (who makes a cameo herself, as 'Jill's mum' in the final two episodes): https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55937944 She seems like an absolute hero.
Keeley Hawes is such a versatile actress, she never typecasts herself

she was fantastic in Finding Alice as the grieving widow

In Honour playing the real life Sergeant who brought the family to justice

The Home Secretary in the Bodyguard

Line of Duty

I could go on, so no violence for a wonderful actress unlike Jimmy Nesbitt who seems to play the same character in everything he is in

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote