View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 06:25 AM #973
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

...Marshall..

Spoiler:

...I loved this just as much on 2nd watch, maybe even more actually, because I found some parts of it much more emotional this time because of the sadness of Chadwick passing...at the end and when the credits were rolling, my tears were also rolling...and Stand up for Something/Andra Day is such a powerful song as well, the first time I heard it was on Marshall and I always think of the movie when I listen to it...

...the whole cast was wonderful...Chadwick, obviously...plus Josh Gad as Sam, who also stood so strongly against racism...oh, I’d forgotten what an ass the judge was btw, rejecting Thurgood as defence because he was a man of colour...Sterling K Brown as well......I’ve always loved him in This is Us, such a lovely actor...and Kate Hudson was also perfect as the tragic/abused Eleanor...such a tragic victim but just not the victim of Joseph...when I watched it the first time, I always wondered what would have happened to Eleanor after the trial...with her husband, her friends etc ...would she be outcast../would her awful bully husband harm her ...I guess that we could say that would be what she deserved because Joseph was more likely to have been found guilty, but she was such a tragic figure also....

...anyway, just a little by the by...they’re not great sound quality but there are a few vids on YT of Thurgood Marshall interviews back in the day...and Chadwick sounds almost exactly like him, he really did become the part, such an incredible talent......and the connection with him and and Josh Gad in their characters.....I loved the ‘testicle story’.......I’ll give the movie a 15/10 on second watch......I agree with you, Niamh...about Eleanor’s dignity, I think if the case hadn’t been handled how it was, then Joseph would have probably been found guilty...the exact same case but with a white man being accused....hmmmmm.....oh the ending, actually ...Thurgood drinking from the ‘the white man water fountain’ and the old guy smiling....magical......

Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote