View Single Post
Old 14-03-2021, 10:41 PM #1212
Adios

Adios

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Six months after the 2018 royal wedding, reports began to emerge that Meghan had made Kate cry following a fitting for the bridesmaids' dresses (Princess Charlotte was one of Meghan's six bridesmaids).
But Meghan claims that, in reality, 'the reverse happened', telling Oprah that she was the one who had been reduced to tears, not Kate. In her interview, she claimed Kate had subsequently said sorry for the incident, too.
'It was a really hard week of the wedding. And she was upset about something, but she owned it, and she apologised.

And she brought me flowers and a note, apologising. And she did what I would do if I knew that I hurt someone, right, to just take accountability for it.'
Intriguingly, The Times this week shed further light on the episode, reporting that the day after the incident, the Duchess of Cambridge had indeed taken a bunch flowers to Nottingham Cottage, Harry and Meghan's home at Kensington Palace at the time, as a peace offering.
According to the newspaper, Meghan then slammed the door in her future sister-in-law's face.

If that's true, one can safely assume that both she and Kate were hugely upset. It's therefore perfectly possible that both cried.
However, a third scenario is presented by perhaps the most compelling source of all: Meghan's pet journalist, Omid Scobie.
In his biography Finding Freedom, published with Meghan's apparent approval, he confidently declared that no one had cried, saying: '[B]There were no tears from anyone.'

Kate made Meghan cry, then Meghan made Kate cry by slamming the door in her face , neither of them cried. So Meghan's account of another incident can't be taken as gospel once again.
We’ll take ‘according to the newspaper’ as gospel though.

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”