View Single Post
Old 15-03-2021, 02:06 PM #14
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Freedom is way more important than health.

Freedom, if preserved will last for every generation to come, my health doesn't matter as much as that because I'll die eventually anyway.
In the rarest of occurrences - I actually totally agree with Alf on this basic principle.

Permanently trading away our freedoms would be an unparalleled disaster and absolutely not even CLOSE to worth it... we should never take them for granted, nor underestimate their importance. And I do think we're on the verge of pushing at the limits of that.

Obviously I don't believe in the "it's all to deliberately reign in our freedoms" conspiracy nonsense, but we should be aware that it might happen as a side effect. We can't have repeated lockdowns forever and while I'm in full support of it being done so far, and continuing until we know if vaccines allow it to end... I don't think it's feasible to have continuing lockdowns of the kind we've had so far if the vaccines haven't done the job. There is a balance at some point of "being alive" and "actually living" to consider.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 15-03-2021 at 02:07 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote